Sunday, February 3, 2013

My journey thru the BIBLE..

     One of my New year resolutions for a while now has been to read thru the whole Bible in 1 year..
Last year I got behind and the last few months I just buckled down and read Isaiah to Revelation and the book of Psalms from late October until December 31!.. I did it! I completed that much scripture in such a short period.. One thing I LOVED about doing that was it became more of a story.. I was in God's WORD like I would be into a novel that I couldn't put down.. and I just loved it..
SO this year I have once again started my journey and its been just as exciting. The month of January I have read Genesis thru Ruth AND the book of Psalm!
 I have started to journal my take aways from my reading and my journey thru His WORD.. SO I will do my best to start blogging all that I learn... a theme I see is the unfailing love of God and His willingness to take us back after we have sinned!..  another thing that I seem to be getting a lot of is .. trust.. DO I really trust God?
SO My journey thru the Bible.. I would write all my take aways from the beginning but that might be a little overwhelming SO I will just start where I am at..

My take away from this am.

1 Samuel 1-14
Hannah wanted a baby she prayed and God blessed her with a son, she in turn gave her child back to God.. Only seeing him once a year...
AM I  that willing to let go of my children? the children God has given to me?
Do I hold them with an open hand and realize they belong to God?
God called and even spoke to Samuel while he was still a child!
Don't I want that for my children?

" Only fear the  Lord and serve Him in truth with all your heart; for consider what great things He has done for you.... but if you still do wickedly you will be swept away..."

No comments: