Friday, February 1, 2013

Bread for the SOUL...

 
Some days its just so hard to get focused, I have been under attack hard since I have been home from my Montana retreat!.. My mind has been a battlefield that never seems to stop to give me a rest..
Last night a dear friend stopped by to bring me a book and flowers and to say, "I love you."
It's amazing what friendship can do... So this morning on my walk God and I got right down to it..
 I confessed my sin of believing the lies and not accepting His Word as TRUTH..
And I told Him that today I will obey..
To help me stay out of my pit I decided to get my hands a bit dirty..
 
  The girls and I worked and worked to make some bread.. flour all over the kitchen.. honey makes sticky hands and sticky surfaces but what therapy to my heart.. To get my mind out of the gutter and back to what matters..  And what matters? Well worshipping Jesus..
  How? by obeying Him.. Believing His Words are life and applying them.. by Seeing the things in this life as gifts..  He does not ask you to have perfect results in the end.. The end result should not be our concern... OUR CONCERN should be are we obeying God here and NOW..


 As I write this little blog post I sit wishing my babies would sleep...  but I have a 1 year old screaming..  after fighting 30 minutes for the older one to relax for a few minutes..
   I have chores that still need to be done..
 brax and hix that just are not being helpful during this time of just wishing for a break in mind.. body and soul.. BUT here is life as we know it..  its about adjustments..  its about obedience.. So I end this blog having no idea if I made any sense.. to take care of the task at hand..

No comments: