Sunday, May 17, 2009

Antique/JuNK shopping

 One thing I love to do when I have some free time is to go to antique stores and look for a treasure.. 
You got to search hard to find that one thing that pops and catches your eye and says.. "hey look at me, take me home I promise you that at one time in my life I was brand new and very  useful or popular.. Just because I am old doesn't mean that I am no good.."
 and I smile knowing knowing.. "ahh yes, this thing is going to be perfect.." it comes with a history and the character is unlike anything you can find in a store that sells "new" things..
I found many wonderful things this past shopping trip..  From old books by Noel Straetfield, to a "snack" bowl,  some amazing owls to go on my fire place, and  a tricycle which will be purchased VERY soon..   

No comments: