Thursday, January 13, 2011

TREE WELLS

I love skiing in the trees but this winter I tend to be more cautious! Their have been three deaths on the Mountain this year and all within a few weeks Two died because of tree wells.. Last year My sister in law, Amelia and I were off in the trees when we stopped and were joking when she sank down in a tree well.. She could not feel bottom and the snow was pulling her into this bottomless hole.. I grabbed hold of her and SOME HOW got her out..If I did not see her fall in I don't think I would have ever seen her again alive!.. How Thankful I am that we were together and how we have come up with such a system of making sure we stick together.. BUT this is real.. tree wells are deadly.. SO for all those skiers and snowboarders Stay clear of the tree wells.. Stay with a Buddy and maybe carry a whistle..

No comments: