Friday, February 15, 2013

Do I seek God in ALL AREAS of life?

"Asa became diseased in his feet. his disease was severe, YET even in his disease he did NOT seek the LORD, but the physicans."
 
 
This verse has come and and convicted me a few times in the past few months!
 It hits home hard!
 Do I seek God in all areas of my life OR only when I feel desperate?
 Do I seek God first for the health of my family?
 To feed my family? clothe my family?
Do I seek God for wisdom when it comes to my family's budget?
Do I seek God first before going to someone for advice?
 
Sadly the answer is no.. I tend to thank God for my doctor to help me, OR
for putting people in my life who are wise and I tend to go to them first!
 I would say oh how unwise it would be for someone to pray over something and ask God for help instead of just doing what we believe would be the SMART choice..
I am so humbled and feel so broken! King Asa followed God but in His LAST days was too strong and did not see any need for God.!
God seeks after me constantly and yet I am JUST like Asa I seek after 'physicans' and not after my God!
 
As I  write this I am not saying God does not use people or things to help us! BUT it comes down to WHO we seek first...
 
from the book Jesus Calling,
"Instead of trying to direct me to do this and that, seek to attune yourself to what I am already doing."  (the writer makes it sound like Jesus talking to you!)
 
DO you seek God in all areas of your life? even the areas that you seem to think are not important to God? Do you seek Him in the every day stuff?
OH may we seek whole heartly after our God!
 

No comments: