Wednesday, February 2, 2011

44 Days Snowshoe

One of my favorite things to do is snowshoe.. There is something about getting outside and walking in the snow.. Its quiet expect for the crunch in the snow.. My little Eleanor is cutting more teeth which means no sleep and fussy.. So for me to step outside today was JUST what I needed to get my mind back in the game.. My husband and I took off and explored parts of the mountain we have never been before.. hiking up and around into the woods.. Besides the animals we were the ones leaving marks in the snow.. Rabbits.. deer and elk have been where we were but no other signs in the snow showed that a person has been where went were in a while.. It was fun and so refreshing.. The high today was maybe 5 degrees.. cold for some.. As you see my husband's beard froze.. My time in Montana is coming to a close.. the end is in sight .. HOW GRATEFUL I am to have had some winter in my life this year.. HOW much I have missed the snow and cold refreshing air.. Its 11 pm.. My Eleanor is awake.. She has been crying for over 20 minutes.. Ross is letting me get somethings done before my work as a Mom continues.. Who knows maybe just maybe he can get her back to sleep.. But if not God will give me what I need to get through today and tonight and tomorrow.... He always does.. His mercies are new every morning..

1 comment:

ann @ my life as prose. said...

oh, michelle, i have to tell you that you are making me so jealous with your montana photos :) i miss snowshoeing so much!!

but i love seeing the pictures of you and ross... i love the one with all the ice (or is it snow?) in his beard :)

-aubrey. :)